Saturday 29 November 2014

GIFT FROM THE HEART

Hi There,

I wanted to share a project I created for a Kris Kringle gift for one of my workmates.
The necklace was made from Vintaj copper products & some beautiful copper & green beads from my stash.
I re purposed a Toblerone chocolate box as a gift box. It displays the necklace perfectly, and is pretty enough to sit on a shelf to display on it's own.


The papers I used were from Prima A4 Printery Collection. The Sizzix Ornate Frame was cut from scrap white cardboard & coloured with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain. 
Text was randomly inked over this with Black Archival Ink. Dried with heat tool, then randomly swiped with embossing ink dabber & clear UTEE applied & heat set.
I love this effect. It bubbles & looks so dimensional and aged.


The girl stamp is from Artistic Outpost (Flower Market) over Pewter Distress Stain Background. Black Archival Ink of course.
Flower & leaves were made using the sizzix pinecone die & Autumn gatherings sizzix strip die.


Edges were finished off with Tim Holtz Tissue Tape.




I am entering this gift in the Frilly & Funkie Challenge "Gift from the Heart" over on the Frilly & Funkie Boutique Blog.
The link to this challenge is as follows:
http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/a-gift-from-heart.html

Hope this has inspired some package decorating & getting out those jewellery supplies.  Thanks for coming for a browse.

Cheers  Deb Adams

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea! Your necklace is soooo pretty and a great gift!!!! Love that you repurposed the Toblerone box. I hope you got to eat the chocolate ;) Thanks for playing with us at Frilly and Funkie :) Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb this is wonderful! I love the look of that vintage style eclectic jewellery and what a brilliant idea to use that chocolate box! The perfect size and shape and beautifully altered. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete