Sunday 30 November 2014

JUST BE FREE - art therapy

Hi there,

I am slowly getting more confident using this blog & posting about my creations. It is so freeing to be able to share your creativity.  Thanks to those who take the time to read this.

I created this next piece on a piece of packaging. An ice cream box to be precise.  The colour & weight of the cardboard was appealing and I never throw anything away that might be useful!!





This is what I started with....(on the other side)


The background was layered up using Faber Castell Whipped Spackle through the Tim Holtz Chevron Stencil & random strips of prima papers including the Prima printed canvas crisscrossed.  Prima font stickers were applied randomly to give more texture as well as crackle texture paste applied with a spatula.


Various Sizzix die cuts were then layered over the background.  (Trellis Frameworks die, Birds in flight & Tattered Lace strip die, Twigs on the edge die, Garden Greens die, Bird Branch die, Mini Feather & Ink well Mover & Shaper die.


Tim Holtz Alpha Parts were used for the Title. The Rusty house was from my stash, & other metal flower embellishments added & part of a Prima flower. Applied with Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive & Heavy Gel Medium.
All these layers were roughly brushed with a layer of Gesso and dried.


Colour applied to the surface with various Lindy Stamp Gang sprays (mostly Flat Fabios) which give a lovely chalky almost pastel finish. Allow the colours to blend & drip.


  Touches of white gesso applied to highlight the flower petals & slightly watered white gesso droplets flicked in different areas.  Small prima text and texture stamps used to create more interest.
Shading around text, birds, flowers etc done by applying the darker sprays with a brush straight from spraying the craft sheet.


I intend to frame this piece.  It is an odd shape so I will have to make my own frame.  Will post a photo when complete.  Sorry I didn't take photos along the way.  I am amazed what can be created from scraps.
Cheers for now,  Debbie Adams


1 comment: