Tuesday 11 November 2014

Xmas Accordion Card for Inspiration Blog November Challenge. 'Happy Holidays'

Hi There,

I am posting some pictures of an accordion card I made to send to my daughter who is spending Xmas in New York. (That's a long way from our home in Australia) 
I wanted something that would serve as a decoration as well as fold flat to post.


I cut out the card frame from Tim Holtz Merriment papers using the Sizzix dies; Accordion Flip 3D & the Bracket, Frame & Label die.


The scalloped top was cut using the 'Ornate' on the edge die.  Snowy features were added using the Ranger Embossing Dabber & heat embossed with Ranger Embossing Tinsel 'Snowflake' . 


Other Tim Holtz & 7 gypsies papers were used to give American references. Font cut out using 'Wanted' Alphabet strip die & 'Vintage Noel' die.


Mini Poinsiettas, Stocking, Cane & Mistletoe are all Movers & Shapers dies from Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations. The Word Band was swiped with Picket fence Distress Paint & gently wiped off to leave the words highlighted.


I think she will get a nice surprise with this gift. Hope it doesn't make her too homesick!

I am entering this Accordion Card in the November Challenge on the Inspiration Blog at Inspiration Emporium. The theme is 'Happy Holidays'
Link Address:  http://blog.inspirationemporium.com/?p=2904

Extra FYI for Crafters outside the USA: Most of the product to make this card was actually bought from Inspiration Emporium as they offer a flat fee of $10 for International Postage.  I have made full use of this offer over time and have been extremely pleased with their service.  Just giving praise where it is due.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Debbie Adams


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Amazing! I want one of those accordion dies right away! Thanks for the inspiration and for playing with us at Inspiration Journal, /Karin

    ReplyDelete