Monday 25 January 2016

Best FriendS PostCard on Canvas



Hi Readers, I found this gorgeous postcard online & it brought back so many memories of my childhood holidays spent on the New South Wales beaches near Tathra & Bermagui in Australia.
We always holidayed with close family friends.  I decided to mount it on a canvas.


I had lots of Ephemera that suited an Underwater Theme, so I firstly made a rough plan by laying out the pieces on the raw canvas, marking the position of the Postcard lightly with a pencil.

I lightly applied some Distress inks to the Postcard to colour the Sky, Sand & Ocean.
I left the little girls uncolored from original so they would stand out from the Background.
I rolled & distressed the edges of the Postcard.

The Ephemera included Sizzix diecuts of Sea Horses, Starfish, Sand Dollars & Foliage that had been previously made using thick card stock color sprayed with Glimmer Mist. 
Texture was added to these with stamping & crackle medium.
Hero Arts Shell Stamps previously coloured in with Luminarte Silks & fussy cut out.


I started working on the Background  by priming the canvas with a good layer of White Gesso 
and letting it dry naturally.
Texture was then applied with the Stencils shown above & a combination of Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste & Crackle Texture Paste.
The WoodGrain Stencil was used to replicate an old wooden pylon from a pier that is shown on the edge of the Postcard.
Other stencils represent underwater plants, sand, & bubbles.




Once dry I applied colors using various sprays from Lindy's Stamp Gang & Red Lead Artisan Inks in Mini Misters.
I dripped Alcohol Inks & Blending Solution on the Texture Paste. This created some vibrant effects.



I continued the Texture & Color onto the sides of the Canvas.

Here are some close up Pictures of the Lovely Texture...


& Ephemera Layers.


Small Pearls, Glass Beads & Microbeads as well as mesh were added to the layers.
The wooden pieces were brought back from a Caribbean Cruise.

The colors were softened & blended by spraying & blotting with water and splattering with white gesso.

I am entering this canvas in the Simon Says Stamp Blog MondayChallenge: Best Friends

Cheers from Deb

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, I love all these textures over your canvas!! Such an awesome creation!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challange!
    xx Zoey

    ReplyDelete