Thursday, 3 March 2016

ELIXIR OF MUSE using Alcohol Inks & Tissue Paper Stamping


Hi All.  Thanks for stopping by for a look at my latest project.

I have always wanted to make these 'glass' Apothecary Bottles 
& to label them
with these wonderful stamps of Wendy Vecchi's.

 

I wanted lots of layers on this project (some very subtle)
I am entering this project in the 'Layers' Challenge


at http://www.frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/layer-it-up-challenge.html#



The bottles are cut from acetate & coloured with various Alcohol Inks,
so remain translucent.
I wanted the base under the bottles to be textured with Crackle Paste. 
I didn't know how I could stamp the images so they could be read clearly 
& the crackle not covered up. 
Thanks to a recent post on 'One Lucky Day' I realised this was easily solved.
Check out the link to see what Paula created:


I made my first video which I have still attached below showing my creative process.
Lets just say I have to sort out some issues with resolution etc.
So I have come back today to include some photos of  the techniques used.
Please read on below if you are interested, Thanks


I started with a 6 x 6" piece of cardboard which I peeled at the edges to distress slightly.

I then applied a thin layer of Gold Embossing Paste (which dried very quickly) 
& then applied a thin uneven layer of Crackle Embossing Paste.
Let this air dry for best Crackle Effect.


I stamped my images on White Tissue Paper & the labels on Cardstock with Archival Ink


I cut out or tore the tissue paper around my stamping.
The torn edges allow the stamped paper to disappear into the background when applied to surface with Soft Matte Gel.


I die cut the Apothecary Bottles & feathers from Acetate Packaging & the birds from Cardstock.
I also cut the Small Easel stand from Cardboard.


All the Acetate pieces were coloured with layers of Alcohol Inks.
The birds were randomly stamped & coloured with Alcohol Ink as well.


I made two projects as I loved this technique so much.
The first I mounted using a worn antique frame.


The other I will give as a gift.  

I attached a stand made from the Easel Die from Sizzix so it will stand by itself.





I have included this video showing some of the processes I used.
video

This is the first video I have made so please be kind! 



I am very pleased with the end results & discovering this process.  
Hope you enjoyed it too & maybe also become a little inspired to create.
BYE for now
Deb

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic texture and layers in your gorgeous piece! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Deb!!! I loved seeing how this gorgeous project came together. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete